Monday, November 15, 2010

2 Months and Counting

Yesterday marked the 2 month count down until my official due date of January 14, 2011.  I can't believe it's already mid-November and Stephen will be here before we know it!!!  It felt like the 2nd trimester took forever, but the past four weeks have flown by.  And boy has he grown.  He continues to move around a lot in the late evenings and unfortunately, his little fit have been wedged in my right rib cage for the past two months it seems.  Sleeping has definitely been a challenge (especially when Mabel insists on wedging herself between Bill and I) the past couple of weeks as well, but I'm figuring out little ways to wedge pillows under my belly to help alleviate some of the discomfort at night.  And since he's pretty much balled up completely on my right side, that's the side where he tries to punch his arms and legs out.

It's also really hard to believe that tomorrow will be four weeks to the day since we got the news about Stephen's kidneys.  In those four short weeks, we've visited over 8 physicians and three different hospitals (not including Fairfax) in three different States.  I can't even begin to count the number of phone calls with physicians and nurses over those four weeks.  There have been so many calls that we actually had to increase our cell phone plan minutes! But things are definitely settling down and we're getting back into our regular routines as much as possible.  Although next week's Holiday is going to be a very welcome break from the daily grind!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment