Friday, December 16, 2011

Sickie

Well, that cough I mentioned yesterday hasn't gone away.  It's actually gotten worse and Stephen now has his first "normal" kid illness.  According to his pediatrician, she thinks he's got some type of viral sinus infection that is causing the cough and the throwing up.  And I can't forget to mention; the bloody nose.  I freaked out yesterday afternoon when he woke up from his nap, threw up, and the sneezed out blood.  I had no idea that babies could get bloody noses; but apparently it happens when their nasal passages get dry.  I thought for sure it was going to lead us right back to the ER!  But the doctor says it should be about 10-14 days until this is all cleared up.

I just feel so sorry for him because he's coughing all the time, causing his stomach muscles to contract, which I know must hurt.  And there's nothing I can do for him except let him sleep as much as he wants.  Poor kiddo!  Hopefully he'll be feeling back to normal by the time Santa Claus comes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment