Monday, September 9, 2013


Update: had a good night overnight thankfully since Stephen didn't sleep at all Saturday night. The bug in his blood has been identified as clubsiella and the doctors think it migrated from his GI tract into his blood. But still waiting on infectious disease to weigh in. Today they are doing a GI, liver and kidney ultrasound just to check everything out and Wednesday he'll have surgery to remove his port and put a PICC line in. The PICC line will allow us to administer IV antibiotics at home and finish out the course at home. Not fun to go home with extra "parts," but if it gets us home quicker, I'm all for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment