Thursday, January 24, 2013

Snow Day!

Here in Northern Virginia we got about two inches of snow overnight, making it Stephen's first real snow accumulation.  So this morning after physical therapy, we buttoned up, put no our snow boots, and headed outside.  Well, I put on my snow boots but Stephen didn't like his.  So his snow boots went back into the closet and on went the sneakers.

He seemed to think the snow was pretty cool, but as I suspected, was nervous to walk around the backyard by himself and clung to my hand with his little mittens; except when I pried his hands away to get a few pictures.  We've been working on sensory stuff to try to get him liking different textures (he hates anything on his hands such as paint, food, etc), so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to touch a new texture!  But it's hard to learn the texture of snow when it's so cold!! Hopefully we'll get some more snow with what's left of Winter, so Stephen can learn to love the snow and get excited when we see the white stuff!

I hope everyone who got snow is enjoying their snow day as well and staying toasty warm inside!









3 comments:

  1. You are such a good mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey,
    What a cutie!!! We love that smile!!!

    Uncle Dick and Aunt LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. saying a prayer for you all. denis from england

    ReplyDelete