Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What A Day!

Wow, what a morning we had today!! We had the first call to 911 while I was at work.  Talk about a heart attack!!  Actually it ended up being a very minor issue, and one that normally would have been handled without a call to 911, but thankfully everything is fine.

I was sitting in a meeting this morning at work when I got a panicked call from Stephen's nurse that he pulled his g-tube out. I've been waiting for this to happen, but had hoped it could have been handled a little better.  I'm not upset or mad at all, just glad nothing serious happened and thankful that the paramedics didn't transfer Stephen to the hospital!  Apparently, Stephen pulled his gtube out while his nurse was getting him dressed for the day.  She panicked because it never happened before with Stephen and called 911, then called me.  Thankfully we worked together over the phone to put it back in just as the paramedics arrived.  I could tell they arrived when I heard Mabel going crazy in the background.  She was so loud my boss sitting next to me in my cube could hear her! I guess because Stephen's nurse told them everything was ok, they took Stephen's information and left.

Thank goodness because that would have been a real mess had they transferred Stephen to the hopsital and serious panic on mine and Bill's part!  Bill actually drove home from work just to make sure everything was ok and to reassure Stephen's nurse she still had her job. Honestly, I was annoyed that she called 911, but I'd rather that she be cautious than not.  And now that it's happened, she'll know how to react the next time.  Because knowing Stephen's quick little fingers, there will be a next time!

Just another day in the life of the Schwartz's!!

And to top it all off, I had to pry Stephen off me this morning when I said good bye and handed him off to his nurse.  That was the first time he's done that.  He snuggled himself into my neck and didn't want to let go.  It made my heart melt.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a crazy days! Hope all is calm on the homefront now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey,
    Glad everything turned out OK. I have to agree with you--rather safe than sorry. Keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers and hope all goes well on the 15th.
    Love,
    Aunt LuAnn

    ReplyDelete